Fraud & ID Theft Prevention
We take our members' personal security very seriously. That's why we provide access to services specifically meant to give you the peace of mind you deserve. Arm yourself with knowledge, and then shop at will!
Third-Party Fraud Prevention Services
- Members have access to Experian's fraud monitoring and resolution services
- For even more in-depth fraud monitoring, we offer FICO Falcon services for your Visa® credit cards and check cards
General Tips on Credit Card Fraud & Identity Theft
- Sign up for eStatements and check your accounts on a regular basis
- If you find something unusual, contact FCCU immediately
- If you believe you've already been the victim of fraudulent actions, consider freezing your credit report, which prevents inquiries without your permission
- Guard your information online
- Clear your logins and passwords
- Pay for online purchases using your credit card — it has stronger guarantees under federal law than your check card
- Be on the lookout for phishing, a practice in which spam emails or pop-ups try to trick you into thinking you're dealing with FCCU, or other legitimate institutions
- Verify your physical mailing address with the post office and any financial institutions you use, including keeping FCCU informed when you move
- If you receive paper bills in the mail, or print out financial statements, shred them once you're done, to avoid theft
- Visit the Federal Trade Commission online, for more in-depth information about best practices for avoiding, and responding to, identity theft and fraud
Confirm & Report
If you discover your information is at risk, please know this does not mean that fraud has already occurred on your account. You will not be held responsible for any fraudulent activity — as long as it's reported to us in a timely manner.
We will communicate to you directly through email, by telephone and/or traditional mail if we believe your card is at risk from a breach.
Once we've confirmed that your card is at risk, we'll send you a replacement card. When you receive the replacement card, please make note of the new card number, and update any automatic payments you have set up on the card.
If you ever suspect fraud relating to your Financial Center Credit Union account, please contact us at
209.948.6024, ext. 0.